sunnuntai 8. helmikuuta 2009

Helsinki Burlesque Festival 2009

The second annual Helsinki Burlesque Festival took place yesterday 7.2.2009 at Gloria. I got myself a photo pass which entitled me to take photos with my systems camera. I didn't end up shooting so much as I also wanted to concentrate on the party itself and dwell freely in the lovely atmosphere. But thankfully I got some photos - most of the time I leave the camera home and then afterwards regret not having pictures of important events in my life.

All photos by me if not otherwise marked.




Me as the Mad Hatter. Just dyed my hair orange for the first time. The shoes are handpainted by me with a 3-D paint, originally from Fida. Skirt from Ebay. Jacket from Fida. Accessories from Limbo and by me. Hat made by me, my mum and brother for my brother's Penkkarit (literally "the pressings of the bench", a yearly tradition among Finnish upper secondary school school where everybody dresses up in fancy costumes). Photo by Ilo Laine.




Me, Ilo and Lumimarja. Photo by Kimmo Vanhatalo.




Kimmo and me. Photo by Ilo Laine.




The Itty Bitty Tease Cabaret. A wonderfully colorful and witty group!




Ilo posing as a cow girl. How heavy those hairy things were!




Foto-Atelieri Onyxei Haapala was there to take some beautiful neo-victorian portraits. The photographers were Helmut Schweinstein and Onyxei Haapala.




Helmut and Onyxei with their new backdrop with a feel of spring.




Lumimarja worked as a helping hand for Onyxei and Helmut as Mardja.




The lovely Atelieri lamp. Wish I had this at home! Oh, but I do actually have quite many lamps like this already...




Atelieri was pretty busy all the time. Lovely that so many people wanted studio pictures of themselves - people so rarely take studio photos these days. Thank you Foto-Atelieri Onyxei Haapala for yet another stunning appearance!

1 kommentti: